Merry Christmas Eve!

Sorry for the delay of posts. Normally I don't post anything on here on a Tuesday but since my computer crash dumped a day before I could make my "Winter Solstice Album" post, I had to go to Plan B. Besides tomorrow is Christmas Day and I don't want to waste my holiday working.

So if you enjoyed last year's post of  "A Windham Hill Christmas" Vol. I and Vol. II, then here is repost of "A Windham Hill Christmas Vol. 2 from 2003. According to a review, This compilation gathers more relaxing, sophisticated holiday music as performed by the Windham Hill's artists. The collection finds the right balance between the traditional and contemporary style, both in terms of its sound and its choice of songs.



Artists' Performances

This was taken from a review from Allmusic.com:

"Will Ackerman and David Cullen's "I Wonder as I Wander" sounds gently modern, while Paul McCandless' "In Dulci Jubilo" has a slightly more traditional bent. Tracy Silverman and Thea Suit's strings and flute interpretation of "Away in a Manger" mixes both approaches and is breathtaking in its lovely simplicity. Most of the performances here, including Barbara Higbie's "Patapan", suggest pristine snowscapes or, in the case of Jim Brickman's "The First Noel", the warmth of a hearth, but Steve Erquiaga's "Joy to the World" may be the first rendition of the carol that sounds downright sunny. Tracks by Richard Schonherz, Alex de Grassi, and Time Story and George Winston's "Silver Bells" complete the album, which like "A Windham Hill Christmas", makes a lovely, subtle soundtrack to the holidays."

Check out Jim Brickman's rendition of "The First Noel".



Here is the track list:

1. In Dulci Jublio - Paul McCandless
2. Joy to the World - Steve Erquiaga
3. God Rest Ye Merry (Gentlemen) - Philip Aaberg
4. Away in a Manger - Tracy Silverman
5. Patapan - Barbara Higbie
6. The First Noel - Jim Brickman
7. The Waits' Song - Brian Dunning and Jeff Johnson
8. I Wonder as I Wander - David Cullen and Will Ackerman
9. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing - Tim Story
10. Bring a Torch, Jeanette Isabella - Liz Story
11. Angels We Have Heard On High - Alex de Grassi
12. O Tannenbaum - Richard Schonherz
13. Silver Bells - George Winston

To purchase: http://www.amazon.com/Windham-Hill-Christmas-II-Various/dp/B0000CAQ41?SubscriptionId=AKIAJ5K7PY4I6TJRVFLQ&tag=httpwwwcrimco-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B0000CAQ41

I wish to everybody a Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year! I'll return in January 2014.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Live at Montreux (1984)

George Winston - December 1982 (Christmas 2014 Post)